The last few months of our re-opening have been challenging although successful in catching up with the backlog of procedures that were due in helping out patients with urgent needs.
The Government of Ontario has announced important changes to its COVID-19 Response Framework. Among those changes is the decision to move Toronto and Peel Region into the Grey, or “Lockdown” category, effective Monday November 23rd, 2020 at 12:01 am. Despite wide scale measures and restrictions in Peel region, dental offices were deemed essential and will remain open.
Streetsville Dental remains open for staff and patients with only very limited access by others. As infection rates rise it is imperative that we do everything possible to stop the spread and keep our patients, staff and community safe. We continue to ensure all adhere to all safety measures in place. We have strict enforcement to the wearing of masks/face coverings. We are reviewing and updating our procedures regularly.
We are carefully servicing our patients using our discretion in calling patients back. Thank you for your patience as we try to accommodate dental needs. We apologize if you have not been called in for your continuing hygiene care appointment.
Ongoing precautions have made it challenging to offer the same level of service and convenience you may have been accustomed to. As a result:
- Appointment times are limited. You regular hygienist may not be available as readily as before.
- Dental examinations by Dr. Lee or Dr. Amin may not be done at your recall/hygiene appointment even though you may be due for one.
- Discussions with parents or consultations may occur outside the operatory. You may be brought to the consultation room, or contacted by phone at a later time.
- On recall/ hygiene appointments, our hygienist may wish to focus on scaling/cleaning uninterrupted. As a result complete examinations and radiographs and may be done on a separate appointment.
In addition to our current precautions listed below, some further enhancements include:
- Occupancy in our office has been further reduced to promote “physical distancing”.
- All our operatories have doors in order to contain aerosols as room air is filtered using HEPA and virus filters.
- We offer cashless payments, with tap access at our new point of sale machine.
- All members of our team continue to complete a screening questionnaire daily.
- All members of our team are updated regularly on Covid-19 procedures, including training on our enhanced cleaning & sanitation protocols especially on high-touch surfaces, use of personal protective equipment, and physical distancing protocols.
- You may choose your receipt to be texted or emailed instead of receiving a paper copy.
- Upon arrival to your appointment, you may either:
- call when you arrive and wait outside the dentist’s office until your appointment – you would be notified when you can enter; or
- wait in the waiting room and social distance – parents of patients must stay in the waiting room except under specific circumstances.
Your Continued Support and Understanding is Appreciated
We are facing very challenging conditions because of the ongoing changes to guidelines. All these measures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
For those of you who we’ve seen recently, thank you for your patience and trust. For those of you who need more time before returning – no worries. Feel free to contact us at 905-567-8899 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Covid-19 Measures at our Office
- Our office will communicate with you before your next appointment to explain changes in our patient sign in process and clinical procedures. We will send via text or email a screening questionnaire to complete.
- Hand sanitizer must be used as you enter the office.
- You are asked to wear a face covering and gloves when in the office, so please remember to bring them along.
- The screening questions may be asked again.
- You will be asked to swish with an antimicrobial rinse before your procedure.
- Our waiting room has separated seating, signage for social distancing, and reception barriers in place.
- Measures have been implemented to ensure the safety of our staff including PPE such as gowns and face shields our clinical team and further transition to a paperless digital platform.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. You’ll often be able to bypass the waiting room and go directly into the room for your procedure.
- CSA approved medical grade air filtration systems which include HEPA filters and UV lights.
- We will be restricting the number of family coming to an appointment with the patient to allow for proper physical distancing.
- More time is being allowed between patients to reduce waiting times, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area.
- You should contact us if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
You may also see the following:
- We may also ask some screening questions on the phone before your appointment and those same questions again when you arrive.
- We may take your temperature with a touch free thermometer when you arrive.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive, and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- Our washroom now has a touch-free faucet.
- Appointments will be staggered and spaced out to allow for physical distancing. That will reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. You may choose to simply wait outside on your own accord.
- You may see us wear different masks, face shields, and gowns, depending on the procedure.